The Heritage Foundation is again heading up the covered dish dinner for 400 Civil War re-enactors. We need help making casseroles in advance and serving at the event:
Saturday, October 15, 2011
5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.
The Factory at Franklin – The Factory Marketplace (Farmer’s Market site)
230 Franklin Road
Franklin, TN 37064
The Civil War re-enactors are both local citizens and others that travel a great distance to participate in Franklin’s Civil War days which will be at The Park at Harlinsdale Farm on October 14-15. We want to make all the re-enactors feel very welcome and appreciated, and that is where our wonderful Heritage Foundation members come in.
If you are interested in volunteering, please do the following:
1. Determine if you would like to volunteer. Read below for descriptions and times.
2. Select the volunteer area(s), day(s) and shift(s) that you would like to work.
3. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information: Your name, Volunteer Area, Shift Time, phone number (cell phone if possible).
4. Please respond by Friday, October 7, 2011 at High Noon.
A Volunteer Schedule will be emailed to all volunteers.
1. FOOD DONATIONS: 40 volunteers needed to bake your favorite meat casserole recipe.
Instructions: If you reply yes to this, you will come by the Heritage Foundation office, pick up a foil casserole pan/lid, and fill with one of your favorite meat casserole recipes. We have simple recipes here at the office that you can use if you like. The food should be cooked and brought warm to The Factory of Franklin Marketplace in the rear of the Factory between 4:00 and 4:45 p.m. on Saturday, October 15th. If you can prepare the dish but not deliver it, call Bob Rudman at 476-9102 or Missy Rudman at 591-5891.
2. ON-SITE DINNER VOLUNTEERS
A. Set-up Team – 2:00-3:30 p.m. – 5 volunteers needed.
Set up tables, put table cloths and centerpieces on the tables, place chairs and set up buffet, do luminaries, etc.
B. Dinner Team – 4:00-7:00 p.m. – 15 volunteers needed
Help set up food and drinks and serve. Also keep area clean and organized.
C. Greeters – 4:30-6:30 p.m. – 6 volunteers needed
Greet and direct guests.
The Heritage Foundation and Downtown Franklin Association depend on our great volunteers to welcome the Civil War re-enactors. We appreciate your time and consideration!